The busTRACE Storage Manager is a free HDD/SSD management tool. It provides the following functionality:
- View HDD/SSD device information and statistics
- Monitor device temperature
- Monitor SSD health (SSD device dependent)
- Optionally load taskbar applet to monitor device health
- Optionally monitor reads and writes for I/O failures
- Save drive logs for device manufacturer analysis
You can download it here.
What operating systems are supported?
We support Windows 7 and above. The software is also compatible with the x64 versions of Windows.
You can optionally configure the storage manager to keep a small taskbar applet resident that monitors your drive's temperature and warns you if it is approaching its maximum rated temperature. It also monitors SSDs to report if the drive is approaching its end of life (SSD dependent).
busTRACE Storage Manager User Interface
Below is a sample screenshot where we have selected a Micron M500 120GB SSD (installed in a USB enclosure). You can see that the device is well within its maximum rated temperature and its lifetime remaining is at 100%.